Sesame and Sunflower Seed Energy Bites (Phase 2)
Sesame and Sunflower Seed Energy Bites
These no-bake energy bites combine the nutty goodness of sesame and sunflower seeds with the flavors of fall. Apples and warm spices give these bites a cozy, autumnal feel.
1. 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
2. 1 cup phase 2 sesame & sunflower seed blend
4. 1/2 cup dried apples, chopped
5. 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
6. 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
7. 1 tsp vanilla extract
8. 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
9. 1/4 tsp ground allspice
10. 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
11. A pinch of salt
12. Optional: 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
1. Preparation: Measure out all of your ingredients.
2. Mixing Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, toasted sesame seeds, toasted sunflower seeds, and chopped dried apples.
3. Wet Ingredients: In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the almond or peanut butter, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until all ingredients are combined and the mixture is slightly warm.
4. Combine: Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients. Add the ground cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Mix until everything is combined. If you're using chocolate chips or cacao nibs, now's the time to fold them in.
5. Chilling: Refrigerate the mixture for about 20-30 minutes. This helps in shaping the bites later.
6. Form Bites: Once the mixture has chilled, take about a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it between your hands to form a ball. Continue with the rest of the mixture. If it's too sticky, dampening your hands slightly can help.
7. Storage: These energy bites can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or frozen for longer shelf life.
These bites are a delightful snack for those brisk fall days when you want something tasty, filling, and reminiscent of the season's flavors. Enjoy!