- Jan 25, 2020
Beet Salad with Kale and Dill Dressing (Phase 1)
Beet Salad with Kale and Dill Dressing
Seed Blend: Pumpkin and Flax
Follicular phase foods include high protein for giving muscle building blocks and high-fat foods along with good sources of folate, vitamin B12 and vitamin E to nourish the follicle.
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 cups matchstick or grated raw beets
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 2 leaves of kale rinsed, massaged, and chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium dutch oven on medium high heat dry roast the spices until fragrant.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a dish.
- Layer kale, beets, nuts, and parsley in a dish.
- Toss to combine until dressing evenly coats the salad
- Refrigerate before serving.
- Garnish with 2 TBSP Pumpkin/Flax blend.