- Oct 30, 2020
Three Yummy Ways to Use Moon Milk Adaptogen Blends!
Moon Cycle Seed Company’s Moon Milk powder blends are designed with women’s health in mind. We add adaptogenic herbs like Maca, Reishi Mushroom, and Ashwagandha with whole foods to balance your hormones… naturally! Moon Milk, traditionally herbs and spices mixed with warm milk and honey, is used as a soothing night time beverage to lull you off to sleep. But why stop there? Try Moon Milk powder blends in these healthy hormone balancing recipes!
Lavender Cardamom Hot Chocolate
(Makes 2 servings)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped (just under 1 cup measured)
- 1 tbsp Moon Cycle Seed Company Lavender Cardamom Moon Milk Powder
- splash of vanilla extract
- whipped cream optional
- Dried lavender flowers optional
- 1) Combine milk and sugar in a small saucepan and place on the stovetop over medium heat.
- 2) While the milk is heating, place the chopped chocolate in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Take the chocolate out and stir it. Return to the microwave and heat for another thirty seconds, remove and stir. Continue to heat and stir the chocolate in 30 second intervals until just melted.
- 3) When the milk reaches the scalding point (180 degrees F, with bubbles on the side), turn off the heat and add the melted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- 4) Once the chocolate is combined add the Lavender Cardamom Moon Milk. 5) Add the vanilla extract.
- 6) Top with whipped cream or lavender flowers if using, and enjoy!
Turmeric Pumpkin Soup
(Makes 8 servings)
- 2 tbsp ghee (coconut oil for vegan option)
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp Moon Cycle Seed Company Golden Turmeric Moon Milk Powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1 lb pumpkin peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 large carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 quart boiling water
- Place a large deep pot over medium heat, add the ghee or coconut oil and melt.
- Add the onion, golden turmeric moon milk powder, garlic and chili flakes to the pot with the ghee.
- Next, add the chopped carrot and pumpkin into the pot with the onion mixture, and sauté for 5-10 minutes until the pumpkin and carrots begin to soften and caramelize on the edges.
- Add the stock and boiling water, ensuring the pumpkin and carrot are completely covered. If not, add a little more water.
- Cook on medium/low heat for 30 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin and carrot are soft, blend the soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Serve with toppings of your choice: Perfect with our Seed Cycling Blend.
Cherry Beetroot Red Velvet Bites
(Makes 8 bites)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. Moon Cycle Seed Company’s Cherry Beetroot Moon Milk powder
- ½ cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (can also add your Seed Cycling blend)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Roll mix into 8 evenly sized balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a double boiler melt and whisk the chocolate chips until smooth. Drizzle on bites and top with chopped almonds.
- Store in the refrigerator in the refrigerator and enjoy!